Absolutely jaw dropping!!!!!

RickyMcGrath

OMG why don't I have this?......you know how long I have been wanting a table light........on a side note did you see how easy it was ripping though that 1/8" particle board?

• Like 1

that's actually pretty clever. it looks incredibly flimsy and poorly made, but still clever if you lack the space to store tools or need this level of portability.

the fact that it seems to only be sold by Hammacher Schlemmer for $600 tells me something else about the product though....

that's actually pretty clever. it looks incredibly flimsy and poorly made, but still clever if you lack the space to store tools or need this level of portability.

the fact that it seems to only be sold by Hammacher Schlemmer for $600 tells me something else about the product though....

I agree the concept is actually interesting, kinda like that Ryobi box they had years ago with a bunch of tools in it. The conversion of the circular saw and drill into table saw and drill press respectively is actually a great idea, I've always wondered why they didn't make things modular like that. That being said it looks really low on quality and not exactly that cheap either, $600 can get you pretty nice combo kit from Dewalt, Rigid or Milwaukee. I think the video is funny and awkward, like it was put together and performed by people who don't actually use tools regularly. I particularly liked near the end where the guy is using the table saw top while nailing two pieces of wood together and the flimsy table is bouncing around, I don't see too many DIYers or contractors using their table saw tops to pound nails into pieces of wood :P

This "tool" is actually branded under several different brand names,  I think this is the 3rd different video I seen, all with different brand names.  I think this would be good for the hobby person, that lives in an apartment that does small household type stuff, like knick-nac shelves.  I could be wrong thought, has I am not much a multi-tasker tool type tool person.  Interested in hearing what the crew has to say about this product.

-Steven

I just read an old review of the model from 2010 and it just seems flimsy and cheap. the circ/table saw couldn't even cut 2x and when it was a table saw the blade would wobble back and forth so accuracy would be crap. Don't get me wrong the concept is great but I just don't think that it was implemented very well at the time. Maybe they made some massive improvements but the kit looked like garbage, oh and it was $330 back then.

I wonder how that company is doing. Like I said above the concept is decent, although having the trigger handle integrated with the battery is a flaw which limits the form factor of any tools attached hence the oscillating tool needing to be a separate thing entirely. That was also funny how the Dragons looked at the oscillating tool like it was magic. That one tool did look like higher quality than the Power8 thing but I'm afraid if you're trying to build a tool line in this mature market you need some kind of decent quality to start considering even the bargain brands these days like Ryobi put out stuff that even pros can abuse for really good prices.

Classic infomercial ZOMG I'M TANGLED IN THESE STUPID ANTIQUATED EXTENSION CORDSSS!!1!

"I used to Spend hours searching through my garage to find the tools I needed..."

Um.  Clean/organize your garage?

*SMASH CUT*

**ring ring**

"Chad Milwaukee here"

-"Chad, this is Chad Makita.  Turn on your innertubes..."

"What.  What is it?!"

-"JUST DOOOO IT!!1!"

"Oh.  My.  God."

-"INORITE?!"

"This.  Changes.  EVERYTHING!!1!"