Work hours

WeldfabNeil

I was wondering what everyone's work hours are like an how they like them?

Currently I am working Monday-Friday 3am to about 11 or until the job is done or a good stopping point. Overtime during the week is common. Weekends we rotate or as needed. I work for a company serving the oil an gas industry. I guess it's cheaper to pay overtime then have a oil Derrick or well site shut down.

So currently it's 1:30 an I gotta go to work soon, guess time to get off TIA.

Ready for this?  I work Monday through Sunday, have off Monday & Tuesday. Then work Wednesday through Wednesday, have off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.  So 7 on 2 off, 8 on 4 off.  Then the cycle repeats.  So 1 weekend off a month with the exception of 2 months in the year where I get 2 weekends off.   

Now to make it even more complicated, any weekday I work is 1230pm through 9pm.  Then any weekend I fall on is 7am through 330pm.  

Oh and you ask how I like it....... I hate it haha

When I worked I liked the 3PM to 11PM shift, and many times that turned in to a double shift because of emergency repairs and such but I now set my own hours. I am also a firm believer that if you work more than 40 hours a week your cheating yourself........I worked many 16 hr shifts and the money doesn't matter....

Mon-thur I leave my house at 4am and sometimes don't get home till 11:30ish pm Friday's I only work my first job so I'm home by 4pm and work sat mornings when needed holidays off my morning job I work as a storekeeper/ purchasing and receiving at the university of California and my second job is at a autobody paint and repair shop called fenderbenderz which I get paid by job and not hourly so it can be really good or it can be really slow...

By choice - 3 -12 hour days - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday  9am to 9pm- I work from home - Friday is project day, Saturday and Sunday mostly on call. Some days are non-stop crazy, others no calls at all.  With 6 weeks off a year, and the fact that I absolutely enjoy my job, and work from home, its not like I am actually working.

My work schedule is with this new crew 730 to 5 or 530 or 6 but the kicker is its all the way up north and im from the south east end of my city so this morning i left my house at 530 and by train and bus took me just under 2 hours to get home lol but i dont work sat or sun thats my family time lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

M-F 630-230 no lunch just a short break. Drive to work is different jobsite to jobsite but I'm up by 3:15am regardless(earlier if needed).

I am in the north western burbs of Chicago and my average commute it 1.5 hrs( no traffic). I try to make all of my phone calls for material and other trades on my drive but it usually bleeds into home time.

I cannot complain. I have been working for the same GC for 10 yrs. been laid off here and there but since I have been running work it's been more and more steady.

7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday no weekends. My week generally consists of meetings to discuss having meetings and then sitting behind the computer. If I'm lucky I get to go out in the field every now and again to visit our jobsites.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DamianD, what kind of job is that? must run 7 day a week 24 hours a day.

Im a mechanic at a wastewater treatment facility, so yeah were up and running 24/7/365.  

The crazy schedule is to make sure that out of the 3 employees in each department on second shift, there are always at least 2 guys on.  I dont mind the schedule, its the hours Im over.  Been there about a decade now I kinda expected to be a first shifter by now!!  

• Like 1

Glad your doing the job, but I don't know if I could handle a wastewater treatment plant!! The smell has to be so baddddd!!! You do must have some space where you can store material for a short time a plant can't run all the time not everything can be running when your repairing.

Glad your doing the job, but I don't know if I could handle a wastewater treatment plant!! The smell has to be so baddddd!!! You do must have some space where you can store material for a short time a plant can't run all the time not everything can be running when your repairing.

Lol you bypass if such repairs are needed.

As hard as it is to believe the smell really isnt that bad.  Smells like money to me haha

Im a mechanic at a wastewater treatment facility, so yeah were up and running 24/7/365.

The crazy schedule is to make sure that out of the 3 employees in each department on second shift, there are always at least 2 guys on. I dont mind the schedule, its the hours Im over. Been there about a decade now I kinda expected to be a first shifter by now!!

. My second job was for riverside sewer plant as a general maintenance it was such a cool job smell like shit but I loved that place it was crazy when super bowl time came around and when it was half time there was so much crap that came through lol! Miss that job.
  • Like 1