Safety first!

HiltiWpg

I never liked cut off wheels on a grinder, not so much the grinder but the cheap knock off discs you get from some of these places that are rebranded or old stock....they are brittle at the best of times.....

• Like 1

your right based on ....let take a selfie first tells me the guy is not that smart, in saying that who knows what he was doing to achieve this.......looks very easy to stage actually, we used to bend long welding rods and poke a hole on either side of a welders beany, and slap open a ketchup packet  looked pretty real first time .....

I wouldn't be so quick to judge this as fake. If you guys remember the same thing happened to me on July 4th. And I took a selfie, so that I could show all you clowns what NOT to do. Not too much blood when I cut myself either, the wheel is going so fast, my theory is it carteriz the wound. Anyway, most accidents are avoidable but to call someone stupid... Well you just sound like a dip-shit. Work with tools long enough and your bound to have an accident.

In the uk you have to have a ticket to use a angle grinder on site , even battery ones , the course is very informative , I didn't know disks had a use by date on them !!! And that can be a course of many of the accidents , and people using thin cut off disks for grinding and not cutting

My bro in law had a close call cutting out a opening with a 9in grinder a few years ago , he was lucky to keep his life and eye , the big scar across his face reminds me when ever I see him how dangerous they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be so quick to judge this as fake. If you guys remember the same thing happened to me on July 4th. And I took a selfie, so that I could show all you clowns what NOT to do. Not too much blood when I cut myself either, the wheel is going so fast, my theory is it carteriz the wound. Anyway, most accidents are avoidable but to call someone stupid... Well you just sound like a dip-shit. Work with tools long enough and your bound to have an accident.

I bought a face shield with my grinder, you may look like a dork with it in but all it takes is one time for something to fly off and take out an eye or something, safety first.

Jimbo

• Like 3

I bought a face shield with my grinder, you may look like a dork with it in but all it takes is one time for something to fly off and take out an eye or something, safety first.

Jimbo

Face shield and safety glasses!

Am looking for a used grinder and some ratchets, so I've been frequenting pawn shops...the amount of grinders I see with missing guards is astounding.

Face shield and safety glasses!

Am looking for a used grinder and some ratchets, so I've been frequenting pawn shops...the amount of grinders I see with missing guards is astounding.

I don't know why people are anti-safety, especially angle grinders or something like a chain saw. Be aware of what your doing, as a firefighter/EMT I have witnessed many stupid injuries from people not being safe.  Keep your head up out there.

I don't know why people are anti-safety, especially angle grinders or something like a chain saw. Be aware of what your doing, as a firefighter/EMT I have witnessed many stupid injuries from people not being safe.  Keep your head up out there.

There's a lot of things that I've done that aren't very safe but when messing with tools or things like your eyes are involved...just don't be dumb.

In high school my best friend's older brother was using a grinder with the guard on, with safety goggles...the kind that look like chemical goggles but have a bunch of vent holes on the side. A piece of metal still ended up in his eye. This is why you always should use a face shield with goggles, loosing your vision isn't worth it to be lazy. Luckily, he still has his vision but if he was looking just a bit to the left he would be blind in one eye.

I've seen accidents at work a number of times, not always through stupidity or carelessness, although you might say that not checking that your safety features are actually working each and every time could be a form of carelessness - I watched a guy cut his toes off when he set a circular saw down on the floor and didn't check to make sure the guard had sprung back. Rolled right across and through his foot.