What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

just picked these up. im curious about the 6.0 battery. charged it up yesterday, off charger it read 12.4 volts, which puts it close to 11 volts in use. what im curious about is info on bottom of battery. 12v-72wh. that would put it around 6.6ah. at 10.8v [cool]. cant wait to try it today. im going to tax the m12 fuel circular saw for sure.

photo.JPG

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mohawkdec said:

just picked these up. im curious about the 6.0 battery. charged it up yesterday, off charger it read 12.4 volts, which puts it close to 11 volts in use. what im curious about is info on bottom of battery. 12v-72wh. that would put it around 6.6ah. at 10.8v [cool]. cant wait to try it today. im going to tax the m12 fuel circular saw for sure.

photo.JPG

That's the tool it was made for!

• Like 2

I picked up a 6" DA Air Sander from Grizzly. Primary use will be metal surface prep. I opted for the hook & loop pad, but I'll probably order a PSA pad too so I can use either as anything above 400 grit in H&L is almost impossible to find locally.

IMG_6908.thumb.JPG.9f3bfd13184f43c5c56e56d6c079e4af.JPG

Also bought a 6" Milwaukee Hole-Saw specifically for making Cornhole boards. It'll save a lot of time versus cutting it out with a jig saw. Feels like a load for an 18V drill though.

IMG_6907.thumb.JPG.8908337f193fae5480ca88d7faac5843.JPG

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Great, I should get it next week. Thanks "Tool Barn"

I ended up getting a Tekton hose reel for my shop to connect this little VERY QUIET guy to. You really will like this compressor, solidly built, ultra quiet.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 1:05 PM, Nordraw said:

Pulled the trigger on this yesterday. Had enough with the loud compressor that I had. 

rolair-jc10-1.jpg

watched a video on this today, its got my attention, looks like it would be great for doing interior trim work. i have a small IR now that i use for that but at 3450 rpms, its quite loud. thanks for posting

5 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Great, I should get it next week. Thanks "Tool Barn"

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I ended up getting a Tekton hose reel for my shop to connect this little VERY QUIET guy to. You really will like this compressor, solidly built, ultra quiet.

18 minutes ago, mohawkdec said:

watched a video on this today, its got my attention, looks like it would be great for doing interior trim work. i have a small IR now that i use for that but at 3450 rpms, its quite loud. thanks for posting

just as i read your comments, i find out about Ridgid coming out with a new quiet compressor, twin tank, 200 psi... 

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/air/compressors/ridgid-twin-tube-quiet-compressor/28443/

comp2-297x300.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

just as i read your comments, i find out about Ridgid coming out with a new quiet compressor, twin tank, 200 psi... 

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/air/compressors/ridgid-twin-tube-quiet-compressor/28443/

comp2-297x300.jpg

77 decibels is still pretty darn loud when a Porter-Cable pancake is pretty obnoxious at 80. DeWALT's 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon run at 71, Senco's 1 gallon run at 68, California Air Tools' and the Rolair from above run at 60 decibels.

I just looked at the cordless 1 gallon Ridgid is coming out with and it runs at 77 too, I think I will pass there too.

10 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Second time I've gotten these. Still need more. 124ae4b39daf862e2b60e7e60b0a293a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Those are the best socket organizers you can get as far as I'm concerned. I have my 3/8" impacts on them and I'll eventually get around to putting all my sockets on them.

Those are the best socket organizers you can get as far as I'm concerned. I have my 3/8" impacts on them and I'll eventually get around to putting all my sockets on them.

I love them. I'm somewhat more organized now. b944165fce878a72e4241460c6ed7c2c.jpg

• Like 1

Big spender today:

IMG_20170304_184552.thumb.jpg.74a0bbfe3d5b937e95d4c7d4e11f81a3.jpg

I had some carpet installed yesterday and when I went to find my knife today it was gone.  I think it accidentally went home with one of the carpet guys.  I say accidentally and mean it, because it really wasn't worth stealing; but I did need a knife today, so a quick trip to HD and here's this.  I got this over a Stanley because the Stanleys now have hard plastic grip areas, whereas this one is more rubberized, which I prefer.  It's a little on the light side compared to what I'm used to, but a utility knife is not a precision tool, so it's just fine.

• Like 2

Another pair of snips, $10 @menards, red and green are on sale too. Also picked up some metric and SAE hex keys for $2 total.  Saw that most of the Hitachi bits where on sale cheap too but didn't grab any.

IMG_20170304_210825.jpg

• Like 2

Didn't buy it, but this 52 model Delta-Rockwell table saw and jointer were given to me. It's mechanically flawless, cosmetically challenged, but still servicalble.

Came with a 3/4 hp / 10 amp Century motor. Thinking maybe a dedicated dado saw, but it isn't going to happen with that motor. 

Whatever I do with it, it'll be a fun project. 

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6915.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

• Like 5

Didn't buy it, but this 52 model Delta-Rockwell table saw and jointer were given to me. It's mechanically flawless, cosmetically challenged, but still servicalble.

Came with a 3/4 hp / 10 amp Century motor. Thinking maybe a dedicated dado saw, but it isn't going to happen with that motor. 

Whatever I do with it, it'll be a fun project. 
IMG_6914.JPG.1038e7644b20989dede59ea155e58248.JPG
IMG_6915.JPG.923a36aa57899380f37357b7e432f852.JPG
IMG_6916.JPG.a4948d1094b4c82ec0d3f6a41cef9955.JPG

Restore thread!

3 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Restore thread!

Definitely! Gotta get the house done first, but I'm thinking this will be a good summer project.

I'm thinking OD Green krinkle finish would look pretty cool and keep the vintage look alive ?

Definitely! Gotta get the house done first, but I'm thinking this will be a good summer project.

I'm thinking OD Green krinkle finish would look pretty cool and keep the vintage look alive ?

I'm not sure what the original color was. I'm sure there is a manual and catalog over at vintage machinery. I would probably do the same type of color but with some type of effect either metallic or hammer type finish.