What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

34 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I paid like 25 bucks for mine, decent sander really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was $35 on "sale" there where cheaper ones and more expensive ones.... Realistically it wiggles and shakes there is no real reason to pay a bunch for one. 

9 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

Then you make as well attach some sandpaper to a vibrat.... oh I mean personal massager. :)

LMAO you see what they charge for those! My wife spent dropped a fortune on............ I digress...

They're larger cells, so more energy dense, more surface area (also more weight). 50% more amp hour but more than 50% more runtime due to improved thermal characteristics. Should be higher peak discharge rate as well, but I haven't really experience voltage drop with the 2.0/6.0 or HD9.0 which have similar cells. 

Picked up a fresh, new DeWalt 745 table saw at Home Despot today for $229! I already have Kobalt's table saw with stand in the garage in the box that I bought on Black Friday for $179, but for that price (and it was the last one!) I couldn't say no. I'll part with one of the two, that's for sure, but I've heard nothing but awesome things about DeWalt's table saws.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, aabee said:

Picked up a fresh, new DeWalt 745 table saw at Home Despot today for $229! I already have Kobalt's table saw with stand in the garage in the box that I bought on Black Friday for $179, but for that price (and it was the last one!) I couldn't say no. I'll part with one of the two, that's for sure, but I've heard nothing but awesome things about DeWalt's table saws.

I sold mine when I got my Sawstop. The 745 is truly an awesome saw. The table expands and is rock solid as is the fence. Beautiful machine and is truly a great saw.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aabee said:

the rack and pinion fence is a nice idea. Wouldn't mind seeing one on a cabinet grade saw.

Just now, ChrisK said:

I sold mine when I got my Sawstop. The 745 is truly an awesome saw. The table expands and is rock solid as is the fence. Beautiful machine and is truly a great saw.

Thanks for the reassuring opinion. :) I was at the Rochester store and the 745 was sitting at the front of the store along with one 12" sliding DeWalt miter for $299, which is also a pretty good buy, but not as much of a no-brainer as the 745 was at $229. There was another guy looking at both boxes who arrived right after me, so I simply picked the table saw up and carried it over to the nearest cart. I got lucky; I was just killing time there waiting for my apartment to get plowed out!

• Like 1