What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

25 minutes ago, Theultimatehic said:

My milwakee one is annoying so i bought the dewalt to try out. 

20170119_103328.jpg

Everyone loves this adapter. I've never seen the Milwaukee out in the wild, I do however, have the 30 degree impact driver adapter, priceless. 

• Like 1

I wish I had never found this thread. It makes me want to buy more tools constantly because of all the cool tools everyone else buys. Then I am like boy I could use that tool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tcoscarelli said:

I wish I had never found this thread. It makes me want to buy more tools constantly because of all the cool tools everyone else buys. Then I am like boy I could use that tool too.

MUAAAHHAHAHHAHA YES WE GOT HIM!!!! SUCKAAA ... ahhaha 

Oh yes, we all lament this very same experience...

• Like 3

I have the dewalt right and angle and the Milwaukee 30, gotta say I never use the dewalt, it's good just haven't really had to do anything I couldn't fit a right angle drill in, now the Milwaukee pivot I've used quite a bit that ones great for off set and odd angles

47 minutes ago, comp56 said:

got these for 20 bucks.....

$_27.JPG

Not a bad deal, the only thing i don't like about the milwaukee set, or the dewalt set is the non indicting grip side still is the same color as the indicating grip side, they should have just made the milwaukee grip all black, thats the only thing that kept me from picking them up 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jtkendall said:

No, I actually had never heard of Witte before, but saw the name on KC Tools so I figured they were German and higher quality than the others I saw.

They're great drivers, they make the Knipex screwdrivers(that look exactly like yours) and screwdrivers for Matco. The Maxxpro specifically are the premium Matco screwdriver, it has a felt-like texture on the grip panels. I bought my Maxxpros through Sears with SYW points, one at a time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Everyone loves this adapter. I've never seen the Milwaukee out in the wild, I do however, have the 30 degree impact driver adapter, priceless. 

I love that adapter. I want the thin flexible Dewalt adapter though, that one probably would all but retire the Milwaukee.

Well I bought it two weeks ago but it just came in. I had the Milwaukee before, this feels more refined and well balance and I really like the LED work light and the fact that it comes in an lboxx insert and has a little accessory box with an extra collet clamp and a mandrel as well as an extra nose piece. Six speeds 5000-35000 rpm, and both the power switch and speed dial are much easier to move on the Bosch than on the Milwaukee.

Also this is NAINA and I purchased it through Axminster Tools in the U.K.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 12

18 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I have the dewalt right and angle and the Milwaukee 30, gotta say I never use the dewalt, it's good just haven't really had to do anything I couldn't fit a right angle drill in, now the Milwaukee pivot I've used quite a bit that ones great for off set and odd angles

I'm hoping that the Dewalt is capable enough I don't need to buy a regular wimpy right angle drill at all. Difference between $20 and $110 CAD can go towards something more fun lol. 

Well my delivery today was a big disappointment. Only the slotted Witte screwdriver showed up, packing slip has both listed and there is nothing on Sears about the other being backordered so I'm now on chat with Griffen at Sears while he looks into it. Not thrilled about this. Also the screwdriver is lighter than I thought it would be, I thought they had sent an empty box until I located the one stuck in the craft paper. Did some more searching and the Phillips was nowhere to be found.

On top of that I am bidding on a 2 pack of Makita 2.0ah batteries on eBay and the outbid notification came in right after I discovered the missing screwdriver. Upped the bid so hopefully ending up with the batteries when the auction ends tonight.

Edit: Apparently the Phillips is shipping separately… this box could have held dozens of them. Doesn't seem like a good shipping practice to ship two very small and light things in two separate shipments via UPS. It should be here by the 24th.

Edited by jtkendall
Heard back from Griffin
  • Like 2

Well I bought it two weeks ago but it just came in. I had the Milwaukee before, this feels more refined and well balance and I really like the LED work light and the fact that it comes in an lboxx insert and has a little accessory box with an extra collet clamp and a mandrel as well as an extra nose piece. Six speeds 5000-35000 rpm, and both the power switch and speed dial are much easier to move on the Bosch than on the Milwaukee.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Wow dude that looks really nice don't know why they wouldn't market that here I love my cordless Milwaukee one about my favorite m12 tool

Here's my haul boys hd had these clamps hidden for only 20 bucks each, couldn't pass so I grabbed two might go back and grab more, also check your paint department for this brush kit for only 9 bucks plus a cleaner comb

fb17563b0fca31c2d454fa1152f5ae72.jpg

• Like 6

Wow dude that looks really nice don't know why they wouldn't market that here I love my cordless Milwaukee one about my favorite m12 tool

Here's my haul boys hd had these clamps hidden for only 20 bucks each, couldn't pass so I grabbed two might go back and grab more, also check your paint department for this brush kit for only 9 bucks plus a cleaner comb

fb17563b0fca31c2d454fa1152f5ae72.jpg

Sweet score on clamps !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisK said:

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Sweet!  I assume Dremel bits interchange?

If so, I would surely like a link to where you got it.

(edit) Never mind, found it.  Whoo, that's pricey.

2 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

Sweet!  I assume Dremel bits interchange?

If so, I would surely like a link to where you got it.

Yup, all standard Drexel bits and even attachments for the tool. The site is Axminster

http://www.axminster.co.uk/bosch-gro-10-8-v-li-cordless-rotary-multi-tool-10-8v-body-only-506198

Didn't win either auction for Makita batteries, which sucks since I have a $15 eBay coupon. They would be a steal at $60 and an even bigger steal at $45 what would be less than half price for two 2.0ah batteries. Gave up on trying to find something on eBay and bought a set of Milescraft drill bit stop collars because depth stops will come in handy.

If anyone needs one of these sets of stop collars Sears was <$9 shipped whereas Milescraft wanted around $13 with shipping. Sears is actually shipping from WoodCraft so if you have one of them nearby the collar kit runs $4. I'm unlucky in that there is no WoodCraft or Rockler nearby.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.43.00 PM.png

• Like 4