What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

@Stercorarius What are those made of?

I love it! I've always wanted to get a bunch of vintage tool, gas and automobile signs...but there's a severe lack of funds and space.

Seems to be decent quality vinyl but haven't really played with them a lot. These are next in the list.

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com/programs/shop/simplecart.cgi?category=Race_Companies&showitem=740

740.jpg

• Like 1

I had to wait for a check to arrive, and unfortunately the three new in box FlexVolt table saws in my area were sold between Sunday and today.  I was able to snag the last display for an additional $50 off but missing the charger and blade.  Fortunately I bought one through the for sale forum here a week and a half ago and am hoping to get it any day.  

So, since Saturday I've gotten the miter and table saws.  Next up, wheeled stands for both.  I have a couple of DWX725 heavy duty work stands with miter saw brackets but plan to use those with the two 20v Max miters.  

One more Flexvolt battery and I'll feel set.  If the power station kit stays at $399 much longer that may be the source of that battery.

not a tool but it was worthy of this thread....., to busy to run to lowes to grab 10 sheets of drywall, (will be needing more but figured get this area finished for now) so I send my wife she says hmm what if I get the wrong ones....I say no worries take the old receipt and tell them you want the same as that is on the receipt., so off she goes......she comes back and I go to un-load them and she has way more than 10 sheets .....she has 28 sheets just like the old receipt says...i ask her how much did you pay? she says I paid $73 why did I not get the right ones?....lol

2 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Graco paint sprayer and some Diablo demo demon blades arrived today. Paint sprayer is going to get a ton of use in about two weeks when I have free time again.

77BCC082-3BD7-4E87-8FD9-299D0EFB1372.thumb.jpeg.2074cd96e373918cbfe82c435ceb8a7a.jpeg

i have that sprayer. i used it to paint my house a few years ago. i would buy the armor seal as well for when it is not in use. I lent mine to my neighbor after 2 years of non use and it worked just fine. it can be a little finicky but its a good sprayer for the price. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

i have that sprayer. i used it to paint my house a few years ago. i would buy the armor seal as well for when it is not in use. I lent mine to my neighbor after 2 years of non use and it worked just fine. it can be a little finicky but its a good sprayer for the price. 

That's good to know, I expect this to get a lot of use initially but then probably get used maybe once a quarter after that so I'll have to pickup some armor seal. I've got shutters, doors, and bedrooms to paint so I figured this was a better option than one of the cordless ones so I'm not filling the little bucket every 5 minutes.

I've been busy...

Today's gifts from Sears:

mnLLTbx.jpg

Bought this stuff at one of those pallet stores. $20 for the impact set, $10 for the line tester and $4 for the power cord which was needed for a buy from the day before:

7B1L6ND.jpg

Garage sale find. Needs cleanup, I have changed the power cord which was previously fixed with wirenuts :huh: haven't touched the surface rust yet. Was only $100

wW1M9eS.jpg

Then my big purchase. I've been looking at planers and was thinking I'd go with the Dewalt...well a DW734 popped up on craigslist for $250. I had to jump on it, the guy said he used it once to plane down a few boards and I believe him, it is basically new. I've already made a few buckets full of shavings with her!

iHnYB74.jpg

For those with planers, how do you store the spare blades the ship with? I was thinking of buying a machinist tube (that the bits come in) or using PVC, I don't like them loose.

• Like 2

Here are a couple of my

somewhat recent purchases. The new fuel ratchet is a massive improvement over the old one. I have no worries at all about breaking the head on this one under normal use. I also picked up the new Milwaukee generation two high torque impact and it is an absolute monster. When they say that it is a pneumatic replacement they are not kidding. I have done a few side by side tests and it is a tiny bit stronger than an Ingersoll Rand 2135timax at 175 psi. IMG_1585.thumb.JPG.44b6d767759dcda360e36c664d37a748.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Living in FL, you just don't pass this up. This is my second m18 fan:

Great find, at half the original price!

Been meaning to get a second one, as the wife loves mine, and sometimes I forget to get it back into the truck. Plus, 2 in an attic sometimes wouldn't be a bad thing. I'll be looking for that deal this weekend.

• Like 1