Home Depot

BMack37

8 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Not a bad price Bmack! Anybody have any experience with this model?

I have the Mspector with a 9' line for pipe inspection. If the screen is similar, the display is fine, I bet the newer ones are nicer, just wish we could have nice screens like a smartphone screen. The camera on a smart phone is just as small as on inspection camera, why can't the detail be just as good on the screen? . One thing I LOVE about the mspector is the ability to rotate the screen in the orientation the camera head is, the one in Brian's link cannot do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I have the Mspector with a 9' line for pipe inspection. If the screen is similar, the display is fine, I bet the newer ones are nicer, just wish we could have nice screens like a smartphone screen. The camera on a smart phone is just as small as on inspection camera, why can't the detail be just as good on the screen? . One thing I LOVE about the mspector is the ability to rotate the screen in the orientation the camera head is, the one in Brian's link cannot do that.

The  short answer to your question is "how much do you want to pay for it?"

The somewhat longer answer is "you can, if you're willing to hack it together yourself". You can get a waterproof USB HD borescope camera that hooks into a smartphone on eBay for next to nothing (under $20). Couple that with a cheap android handset and a waterproof case and you're in business. Not as pretty or rugged, but cheap and very functional. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, khariV said:

The  short answer to your question is "how much do you want to pay for it?"

The somewhat longer answer is "you can, if you're willing to hack it together yourself". You can get a waterproof USB HD borescope camera that hooks into a smartphone on eBay for next to nothing (under $20). Couple that with a cheap android handset and a waterproof case and you're in business. Not as pretty or rugged, but cheap and very functional. 

Completely forgot about that thanks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Claeg said:

Good tool? Anybody with any experience with this? $189 $99

If you read through the questions and answers on the HD site, you will find that it is a hit or miss tool. Evidently the motor is mounted to the tool with plastic mounts and those can show up cracked right from the factory. Others have reported problems with blade misalignment to the table and no visible adjustments. But for $99, you can always take your chances and return it if it doesn't do the job.

• Like 2

Good tool? Anybody with any experience with this? $189 $99

d2a73ed2-251a-4a9d-87d6-1c3cc48e4b9c_1000.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-7-in-Job-Site-Wet-Tile-Saw-R4020/202518378

I have use that exact one a few times it's cheap but it's no good! for another hundred dollars or so you can have a real rigid wet saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Also it's not a "true wet saw " where the pump sprays water on the blade and tile. this just has a section you fill with water and the blade just spins in water. it kicks up a lot of dust and the water gets super dirty super fast underneath the deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would use it for the porcelain tile I have to put in the kitchen and bathrooms. So it would be used minimally. Logistically I'm not near a place that would rent me one and well I usually work on projects after work over multiple days so renting doesn't add up. Should I just use a diamond blade, skilsaw, and squirt bottle?

• Like 2

I have a generic version of a similar setup. I also have a decent MK tile saw. I grab the smaller table saw version 90% of the time. Perfect for a small shower or backsplash. The motor on the Rigid does seems a little on the small side and that is an area you don't want to skimp on. Put a decent 7" blade on it and it probably will handle most of your needs.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would use it for the porcelain tile I have to put in the kitchen and bathrooms. So it would be used minimally. Logistically I'm not near a place that would rent me one and well I usually work on projects after work over multiple days so renting doesn't add up. Should I just use a diamond blade, skilsaw, and squirt bottle?

Yea it will be fine for procelain projects. And you are right, just like me I work on things after work or when I have free time. Renting one would add up super fast. I think HD charges about $45 a day to rent one. Look for a coupon, they may match 10% off lowes or Black Friday might be a good day too!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    tharunjohar46
    Newest Member
    tharunjohar46