What was your very first power tool?

JimboS1ice

What was that very first power tool of yours that got you into tool addiction?

Mine was a Dremel not sure of the model number, 400 XPR? that came as a kit with a bunch of accessories and attachments. As a kid I did a lot of model building and that tool was very versatile. I was in middle school when I got it as a Christmas present and I still have that kit today. It works, needs a new set of brushes but when I need it I have no problem with it. The tool is probably 12-13 years old.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I got a Black & Decker Professional 7.2v cordless drill and a small bandsaw for my birthday one year when I was young. I was probably 12. I was always looking through tool catalogs and drooling....lol!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

An old yellow no name corded drill. I think I was in middle school at the time. The thing really had no writing on it, which was strange to me even that young. I didn't care though because it was the first tool that was mine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I remember having usable toy tools as a kid. Little electric screwdriver, tiny saw that would cut balsa wood etc. As for real full size tool.. Hummm that's hard to remember. I would probably say it was a black and Decker drill.. Think it was 12v I got a cheap off brand angle grinder very early on also..

I remember having usable toy tools as a kid. Little electric screwdriver, tiny saw that would cut balsa wood etc. As for real full size tool.. Hummm that's hard to remember. I would probably say it was a black and Decker drill.. Think it was 12v I got a cheap off brand angle grinder very early on also..

They don't make toy tools like they used to eh? I remember probably elementary school age I had a very small tool box, it was a wood box with some screw drivers, pliers and a hammer, all functional tools just shrunk down in size. There may have even been a small saw like you said that could cut balsa but I haven't seen anything like that anymore. It's a shame that such idiots exist today that kits like that for kids today are far and few between.

Jimbo

Black & Decker screwdriver, NiCd, 2.4V I think. Got it when I was 8 or 9. Helped me get my toys apart quicker :) and I abused it a bit. The battery wore out after about a year and I took it apart but at the time I didn't know what the hell a SubC was so I think I threw it away.

My first was a Black and Decker Circular saw. It was a black plastic body and the blade cover was silver I think and it was corded. My dad had the Black and Decker circular saw that was a brownish yellow color when I was a kid.

My dad has an old black and decker circle saw just like that, still works pretty good.

Jimbo

I got the Ryobi kit in the big gray plastic suitcase. The one with the reciprocating saw, drill, circular saw, vacuum and charger. I don't even know how long ago I got it. 15years maybe 20? All the tools still work great save for the drill which I smoked drilling 5 inch holes in ancient cladding. I've long since moved onto lithium batteries and the tools all seem to have gotten a second life. With a lithium battery pack and a Diablo thin kerf blade the little 5 3/8" still works like a charm after all these years.

that is a tough question, that was long ago.......if I remember right it was a porter cable 3/8" drill that I still have but never use any more......I think it was early 80's when we bought our first house.....I had many tools prior to this but were all mostly machinist tools micrometers, calipers ect ect...back then If I remember right for every dollar you spent on tools over and above the tools they supplied the company I worked for gave me back 45 cents....on their approval that is......